Enjoy a 2 day weekend break with one night’s accommodation included for a couple and 2 children over 10 years old.
Start your break touring round the vineyards on an e-bike and tasting wines in Gratallops. After this, visit the remains of the first settlement of the Carthusian monks in the Iberian peninsula ,the Carthusian Monastery of Santa Maria d’Escaladei. And finally take a tour round the spectacular village of Siurana. We suggest that you begin your break in El Priorat in the village of Gratallops, where besides enjoying a pleasant experience on the electric bikes, you’ll take home with you a panoramic vision of the wineries and vineyards in Gratallops and you’ll hear all sorts of peculiar stories from a long list of viticulturists of the DOQ Priorat.
When you finish your tour you can visit the Cal Batllet winery and try their wines. Then, you’ll have lunch in the restaurant El Piró in the same village. In the afternoon, on the way to Poboleda (16 kilometres away), you’ll visit the Carthusian Monastery of Santa Maria d’Escaladei,here you’ll see the remains of the first settlement of the Carthusian monks in the Iberian peninsula, here lie the origins of the prestigious wines of El Priorat. When you get back to Poboleda, you will stay in the apartments, Populetus. The evening meal is not included in the price of this break.
In the morning after a good breakfast at the inn/restaurant Populetus you continue your itinerary with a trip to Siurana. We offer you a guided tour of this historical village of Siurana and its castle, here you’ll discover a fairytale village which is soaked in the memory of endless sieges and impossible conquests. Once the guided tour is over we suggest that you walk along part of the walk from the village of Siurana to the reservoir. This trail skirts along the reservoir and from here there are spectacular views of the valley and the river.
Step by step
- Arrive in Gratallops on Saturday morning, tour round the vineyards on an e-bike and visit the Cal Batllet winery and try their wines.
- Have lunch in the restaurant El Piró in the same village. In the afternoon, visit the Carthusian Monastery of Santa Maria d’Escaladei, a 20 minute drive from Gratallops
- We also recommend you visit the village of Escaladei, where you’ll find a shop which specializes in local wines and artesanal food products.
- Your accommodation is bed and breakfast in the Populetus apartments.
- In the morning after a good breakfast at the inn/restaurant Populetus you continue your itinerary with a trip to Siurana at your own pace.
- Go along the trail of La Trona which starts beside the ruins of the castle, at the very end of the esplanade which is used as a car park.
- Once you get back from this trip you can have lunch in the restaurant Siurana.
- In the afternoon, if you want, you can hire a kayak in the reservoir (please ask for this trip to be included in your quote). Then back home, fully relaxed and contented.
The cost of this visit, all included with 2 children ( over 10years old) is from 422€
How to get there
Siurana (3 languages):
- Català (PDF): http://www.turismepriorat.org/files/docs/PS_CAT_Siurana0.pdf
- Castellano (PDF): http://www.turismepriorat.org/files/docs/PS_ESP_Siurana0.pdf
- English (PDF): http://www.turismepriorat.org/files/docs/PS_ENG_Siurana0.pdf