Enjoy a 2 day break with your partner, with one night’s accommodation included. Your romantic break begins in the heart of El Priorat with a visit to the Carthusian Monastery of Santa Maria d’Escaladei.
After this, we suggest you take a stroll round the village square where you can see the existing wine cellars and you’ll be able to pick a pretty spot where you can sit and relax and enjoy the scenery. You’ll also be able to visit a shop which specializes in local wines and artesanal food products. You then have a reservation for lunch in the prestigious restaurant Els Brots, belonging to the top class chef, Pieter Truyts in Poboleda. After enjoying this interesting gastronomical experience you’ll visit the winery Genium where Josep Ricard Abella will be your guide and you’ll have the opportunity to taste different wines.
After this visit you’ll go to your hotel, the hotel Siuranella, in Siurana, this is a fantastic hotel in an idyllic and spectacular setting overlooking the reservoir in Siurana. Your stay here is half board, bed and breakfast with evening meal. In the morning you’ll have a guided tour of the village, you will discover the legend of the Moorish Queen’s Last Leap. Queen Abdelazia preferred to throw herself off the cliff astride her white stallion rather than be taken by Christian troops.
Once the guided tour is over we suggest that you walk along part of the walk from the village of Siurana to the reservoir. This trail skirts along the reservoir and from here there are spectacular views of the valley and the river. Another suggested option is to have lunch in the restaurant Siurana and then afterwards hire a kayak in the reservoir.
Step by step
- Saturday morning: visit the Carthusian Monastery of Santa Maria d’Escaladei, then lunch in the restaurant Els Brots in Poboleda.
- In the afternoon visit the Genium winery
- Half- board, evening meal, bed and breakfast ,in the hotel Siuranella, in Siurana.
- Sunday morning: guided visit to Siurana and a walk from the village to the reservoir.
Cost per couple from 422€
Options not included
- lunch in the hotel Siuranella
- hiring a kayak.
How to get there
- Català (PDF): http://www.turismepriorat.org/files/docs/PS_CAT_Siurana0.pdf
- Castellano (PDF): http://www.turismepriorat.org/files/docs/PS_ESP_Siurana0.pdf
- English (PDF): http://www.turismepriorat.org/files/docs/PS_ENG_Siurana0.pdf