Enjoy a 3 day break with a group of friends, with 2 nights accommodation included. We suggest that you start your break on the afternoon of the first day by visiting the oil mill Miró Cubells (see the book, Paisatges d’Oli del Priorat) and tasting the different varieties of olive oil. After your visit you can have a good, hearty lunch in the inn/restaurant Populetus in Poboleda.
In the afternoon you’ll visit either the Genium winery owned by Josep Ricard Abella or the Tane winery owned by Marc Borràs. Your accommodation is half-board (bed and breakfast and evening meal) in the Populetus apartments. On the morning of the second day we suggest a guided tour of the village of Siurana, this is an idyllic and spectacular village with a reservoir, you will discover the legend of the Moorish Queen’s Last Leap. Queen Abdelazia preferred to throw herself off the cliff astride her white stallion rather than be taken by Christian troops. You’ll have lunch in the restaurant Siurana and then afterwards you’ll visit the winery and vineyards of Mas Sinén in Poboleda, and of course, you’ll be able to try their wines.
After such an active day you’ll need to recharge your batteries, so you’ll go back to Poboleda to enjoy your half-board accommodation in the Populetus apartments. After breakfast we suggest a trip from the hermitage of Sant Joan del Codolar to the Montsant mountain range. You can follow at your own pace the itinerary M5 recommended by the Montsant Natural Park guide. We’ll send you this guide when you book this option. This itinerary is considered of medium level difficulty and takes about 3 hours.
Finally, to end your stay in this wonderful region, you’ll have a reservation for lunch in the inn Toldrà in Ulldemolins.
Step by step
- Day 1: Start your break with a visit to the oil mill Miró Cubells in Cabacés.
- Lunch in the inn/restaurant Populetus.
- After lunch, visit either the Genium winery owned by Josep Ricard Abella or the Tane winery owned by Marc Borràs.
- Half-board accommodation in the Populetus apartments. Alternative accommodation at Cal Carles, Camping Poboleda or Cal Borràs
- Day 2. Saturday morning guided tour of Siurana.
- Lunch in the restaurant Siurana.
- In the afternoon visit the Mas Sinén winery in Poboleda.
- Evening meal, bed and breakfast in the Populetus apartments.
- Day 3. A trip from the hermitage of Sant Joan del Codolar to the Montsant mountain range and evening meal in the inn Toldrà in Ulldemolins
The cost of this visit ( for a group of 8 people) all included is from 422€.