Enjoy a 3 day break with 2 nights accommodation included for 2 adults with children.
We suggest you start your visit to El Priorat by arriving in Gratallops on Friday where you’ll be staying in the inn La Font. On Saturday morning after breakfast, you can visit the lead mines of Bellmunt del Priorat You’ll visit the mine Eugènia where you’ll get to know more about the mining patrimony of El Priorat.The Eugènia mine was the largest and most important of the mines in the Priorat region mainly due to the large quantity of lead extracted from here and its very high quality. During the visit you’ll watch a film about the miners and their family life, this film will certainly transport you to this period of the mine’s history. This visit is suitable for every age group and during the visit you have to wear a miner’s hat.
After the visit you’ll go to the village of Gratallops where you’ll have lunch in the restaurant El Piró. In the afternoon you can visit the winery and the vineyards of Mas Sinén on the outskirts of Poboleda (this a another pretty village in the region, it’s only about 16 kilometres away). Salvador Burgos, the owner of the winery and an expert viticulturist , will teach you all that you want to know about growing grapes and making wine. This visit will allow you to speak to your friends and acquaintances with a profound knowledge of the fascinating world of the drink of the Gods. And so that you don’t have to worry about your children while you’re visiting the winery and tasting the wine, you can leave them with a responsible adult who’ll take them to play in the river, will do some craft activities with them and will show them how people work in the orchards. Ah, they’ll also get to meet the goats and their kids!!
Once the different activities are finished both you and your children will meet up at the inn/restaurant Populetus where you’ll stay half- board (evening meal, bed and breakfast). After breakfast on the second day of your stay in El Priorat, your next destination will be the Carthusian Monastery of Santa Maria d’Escaladei (about 6 kilometres from Poboleda), here you’ll see the remains of the first settlement of the Carthusian monks in the Iberian peninsula , here lie the origins of the prestigious wines of El Priorat.
Then you’re off to visit Siurana, yet another of the magnificient historical villages. We offer you a guided tour of this historical village of Siurana and its castle, here you’ll discover a fairytale village which is soaked in the memory of endless sieges and impossible conquests.
After the visit you’ll have lunch in the restaurant which has the same name as the village: Siurana. Then in the afternoon you’ll return home relaxed and contented.
Step by step
- Arrive Friday night in Gratallops, half board, bed and breakfast and evening meal in the inn/restaurant La Font.
- Saturday morning: visit the museum and lead mines of Bellmunt delPriorat and lunch in Poboleda (inn/restaurant Populetus).
- In the afternoon the adults do a guided tour of the winery Burgos-Porta ,7 minutes by car on the outskirts of Poboleda. The children will go to the river, they’ll see the orchards and the goats. If there’s time they’ll do a craft activity. Estimated time: 3 hours.
- Half- board ( evening meal, bed and breakfast) in the inn/restaurant Populetus.
- Sunday morning: the Carthusian Monastery of Santa Maria d’Escaladei and Siurana ( 21 kilometres away, a 30minute drive), lunch in the restaurant Siurana. Then return home relaxed and contented.
The cost of this visit, all included with 2 children is from 422€
How to get there
How to get from Poboleda to the winery and vineyards of Mas Sinén de Burgos Porta: